Person riding scooter along road lined with palm trees

International Driving Permit

  • $42
  • Valid for 12 months
  • Allows you to drive overseas


Please review and carefully consider the recommendation of the Australian Government's Smart Traveller website before placing an order for an IDP.


Your way, on the highway.

Heading overseas and planning to drive? There’s a good chance you’ll need an International Driver’s Permit (IDP). Whether you’re hiring a car, motorbike, mini bus or go-kart, be sure to check if you need an IDP.

So, what's an IDP? It's proof that you hold a valid driver’s licence in your home country. You'll need to carry it with your domestic driver’s licence, as they go hand in hand. A valid IDP lets you rent cars or motorbikes in many countries.

We can help you out in a branch, or online.

Applying for an IDP has never been easier, you can apply online now. Simply complete the online form and your IDP will be processed in 3-8 business days and mailed to you.  

Travelling soon? Our branches can issue IDPs on the spot. You’ll need to bring your passport photo and drivers licence with you.  

If you’ve got plenty of time, you can also apply via the post by mailing us this printable IDP application form.

Want to know more?

Common questions

Apply online now

Or call 13 27 22, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm.

We're here to help

  • We're here to help with your questionsGet in touch
  • Call us on 13 27 22 Monday to FridayCall us
  • Visit us Monday to Friday 8:45am - 5pm.Find us